Today we are going to have a guest post, which makes my blog even more of a big deal (I think).
Kelly and I met back in the spring of 2008, randomly at a BYU baseball game.
And we've been friends since. Kelly has the cutest blog where she talks about being a young married couple, and shares lots of cute craft ideas. She and Brandon are moving to New York for the summer, and Nate and I are so sad to have to say goodbye to some of our closest friends, but of course we'll really be friends FOREVER :).
Here's Kelly for you:
This is our variation of this delicious treat. There are several of these recipes floating around but they are way too chocolaty for our family.
1 pkg golden graham cereal
1 bag milk chocolate morsels (semi sweet will not be as good)
¾ cup and 1 TBS karo light corn syrup
3 Cups Mini marshmallows
5 TBS Butter.
1. In a microwave safe bowl mix ½ bag of chocolate chips with corn syrup and 3T butter.
2. Microwave chocolate chips for about 2 minutes, until chocolate is well melted.
4.Pour chocolate over cereal in large bowl.
5. Toss until covered.
7. Stir marshmallows until they make a gooey and sticky mess.
8. Take marshmallows off of the stove and pour in chocolate covered cereal.
9. Mix until well blended.
11.Let cool for 1 to 2 hours.
12. Cut into bars.
13. Melt remaining chocolate in microwave with 1 T butter and 1 T corn syrup.
14. Dip bottom of bars in melted chocolate.
15. Place onto waxed paper to cool.
** Make sure you do the chocolate and marshmallows close to the same time (you don't want your chocolate to re-harden. It's almost a 2 man job)
They are good to eat in about 20 minutes, but if you can hold out they are even better the next day.