Last Thursday we knew we were going to have some burgers for dinner and I wanted to make a side to go with. I thought of various side items that would be good with burgers. Of course you have your typical french fries, maybe coleslaw, potato salad, or corn on the cob, but finally I decided I wanted to make pasta salad.
Of course this is a very simple recipe, but I had actually never made pasta salad before. Did you know that if rotini noodles are colored its because they're flavored with different vegetables? Unfortunately we didn't have time to make homemade noodles for this salad, but it fortunately did still turn out to be delicious. We have some leftover in our fridge right now, and I think that'll be a perfect after church snack.
1 bag colored vegetable rotini noodles
1/2 can whole olives
1/2 package pepperoni
4-5 sticks of string cheese
1/2 bottle of Italian dressing
1. Boil water in a large pot.
2. Cook noodles according to package. (When cooked drain water)
3. Cut olives in half
4. Cut pepperoni's in quarters
5. Cut string cheese in 1/4 inch slices
6. Combine noodles, olives, pepperoni, cheese and dressing in a large bowl.
8. Close bowl with a lid (or cover with foil if you're brave)
9. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving. (Half way through refrigeration, flip bowl upside-down so that dressing will mix throughout)
What is your favorite side to have with homemade burgers?