I found this recipe off Jamie Cooks It Up and as soon as I saw it knew I wanted to try it. I had the perfect excuse to make it because yesterday was the Peterson Family reunion in Fallbrook. I mean I could eat all the popcorn myself, but that would not be the most healthy thing to do.
Peanut Butter Popcorn
1/2 cup unpopped popcorn or 2 bags microwave popcorn ( I used the microwave popcorn - she recommends if you use the unpopped popcorn to butter and salt it after popping)
1 C sugar
1/2 C honey
1/2 C light corn syrup
1 C peanut butter (crunchy is great - I used it, but it is not necessary)
1 t vanilla
1. Pop the popcorn and put in a LARGE bowl. (I used the biggest tupperware bowl there is)
2. In a large sized saucepan combine sugar, honey and corn syrup. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly!
3. Boil hard for 2 minutes without stirring.
4. Remove from heat and add the peanut butter and vanilla. Stir until melted.
5. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the popcorn and stir well until is all incorporated. (I was pleased because it really was enough to cover everything well - sometimes recipes are not)
6. Spread out on 2 cookie sheets lined with wax paper. (I did not have the wax paper and did not do this and just left it in the bowl - downsize I had one GIANT popcorn ball, so I broke the ball apart)
7. Drizzle milk chocolate over the top if desired. (Since I did not do step 6 I did not do this but I would imagine it would be delicious)
8. Eat - we had some right away and it was SO good - it was still good 2 hours later but best right away.