Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Middle Eastern Spiced Lamb

1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup plain yogurt
2 TBS red win vinegar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp ground white pepper
1/2 tsp cumin
1 1/2 lbs lamb meat (we used chops)

1. Mix all ingredients, except lamb, in a bowl.
2. Coat lamb with mixture and refrigerate for 6-24 hours. (Save half of mixture to re-coat lamb while grilling)
3. Grill your lamb.
4.  Baste lamb with sauce mixture throughout grilling process.
5. Cook till middle of lamb is 145-medium rare, 160-medium, 170-well done


We got this recipe from Nate's dad, Matt, and it turned out to be delicious. I'm not gonna lie, I've always been hesitant to eat lamb (well because they're just little cutie animals - same with veal). But Nate and I have made it twice now and its been delicious both times. I can't really tell a big taste difference of the lamb, besides knowing its not chicken or beef. It seems more like pork to me, probably cause the white color too.

Anyway, this recipe is good, and the lamb definitely has a delicious middle eastern taste to it, I think cause the cumin. Anyway, try it. And if you're against eating lamb, I guess you could try the same sauce on pork, or beef or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...