Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Baked Cheesy Bacon Mushrooms

Continuing my replacement of a few meaty meals with mushrooms I introduce a quick and easy recipe I like to call the "Baked Cheesy Bacon Mushrooms". Nice ring to it right?

Ingredients
1 portobello mushroom
2 tbsp shredded mozzarella
1 1/2 tbsp crumbled and cooked bacon
1/2 tsp onion salt
1/2 tsp garlic salt


This is a pretty easy recipe that I threw together one night and it turned out great. It's simple and sometimes in cooking the simple foods are the best. I looked through what I had and matched what I thought would taste good together with the mushrooms. That is what cooking is all about- look at what you believe will be a good match and dive in. Sometimes you will have a gross meal- but most of the time you will have a great meal. Even if you don't you will learn and next time you will make a better match.

Kick the oven on to 375. Sprinkle the onion and garlic salt onto the bowl looking area of the mushroom. Then sprinkle on the bacon followed by the cheese. If you want more cheese or bacon feel free- load it up if you want. Pop it in the oven for 12-14 minutes or so or until the cheese starts to "bubble" slightly. Take it out, let it cool an enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...