Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Dessert Pizza

I've always wanted to make a dessert pizza, and never actually made one, but then yesterday Jessica posted a picture of one on her blog and I decided that I needed to finally make one. So, I found the base for my recipe at allrecipes and decided to tweak it a little bit, to make it more homemade and to fit with the fruit that we had on hand.


18 oz Sugar Cookie Dough (you could also use pre-packaged dough)
2 cups Whipped Cream
1 package Neufchatel cream cheese
Sliced Fruit (Use whatever fruit you have around, or whatever fruit you like best - we used bananas, mangos, strawberries and blackberries)

1. Pre-heat oven to
2. Roll out cookie dough on a pizza pan (or baking sheet).
3. Roll out dough to fill about 2/3 of pan, . **
4. Cook 'pizza' for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown
5. Cool 'pizza' on pizza pan, above a wire rack.
6. Mix whipped cream and cream cheese together.
7. Once cooled, spread cream topping evenly on crust (I didn't use all of the cream mix that I made, but you can use however much you want)
8. Arrange fruit evenly on 'pizza', or in a decorative pattern.
9. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.


**Remember that the dough will expand as it cooks.


This turned out so yummy, and I will definitely have to make it again. The only sad thing is that we accidentally left it out overnight, so it (although doesn't yet look rotten) surely has spoiled, due to things that need to be kept cold not being kept cold.

I think in the future I might try to make 'personal pizzas' too, just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...