1 medium sized onion
3 celery sticks
6 cups chicken broth (More if you like it really liquidy)
1/4 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp salt (I added a couple sprinkles but its probably not necessary)
2 bay leaves
1/8 tsp basil (was just a couple of sprinkles of basil, oregano, and parsley too)
1/8 tsp oregano
1/8 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp thyme
2 large chicken breasts
8 oz noodles (we didn't have enough of one kind, so we used half egg noodles half rigatoni)
1. Cut vegetables into 1/2inch to 1 inch sized pieces.
2. Put vegetables, broth, pepper, salt, bay leaves, basil, oregano, parsley and chicken breasts in a large pot.
3. Bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and let simmer for about 25 minutes.
5. Remove chicken and shred using fingers or two forks.
6. Remove bay leaves and discard.
7. Add noodles and thyme.
8. Add (now) shredded chicken.
9. Cook for 10-12 minutes.
We enjoyed ours in a bread bowl. Although this meant that all the liquid sunk into the bread and there was none really to eat as soup. But it still tasted wonderfully delicious.
This is definitely a recipe I'll be making again. Especially with how healthy it is for you. I added a few things to a recipe I found on woman's day, but according to their recipe this makes 6 servings, each about 190 calories. Not bad at all I say. Yum Yum.