1/2 cup marinara sauce (a recipe for mine can be found here)
Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Cut the squash in half, lenthwise.
4. Slightly scoop out the center of the squash.
5. Spoon marinara equally into each squash half.
6. Generously sprinkle parmesan cheese to cover marinara.
7. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top of the parmesan cheese.
8. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, until golden brown. (We cooked it a little longer because we were cooking chicken too and wanted to make sure it was cooked thoroughly.)
9. Remove from oven and enjoy.
We ate this with some chicken that I just coated in the same Italian bread crumbs as I used for the squash. This meal was super tasty, and super easy. Plus it seems relatively healthy too.