1/2 onion chopped
2 TBS apple vinegar
1 TBS red wine vinegar
1/3 cup light corn syrup
1 TBS brown sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
3/4 cup Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Sauce
1/4 tsp salt
a sprinkle of black pepper
a sprinkle of garlic powder
2 small loaves of french bread (or something else delicious)
4 oz cheddar cheese
1. Cut each chicken breast into 2 pieces (not necessary probably, we just wanted it to cook faster)
2. Put chicken breasts, onion, vinegar, corn syrup, brown sugar, lemon juice, teriyaki sauce, salt, pepper and garlic powder in crock pot on high.
3. Stir mixture together.
4. Cook for about 2 hours, until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
5. Cut loaves of bread in half, like a sandwich
6. Top bread with chicken and shredded cheese.
These sandwiches turned out really great, and they were kind of an experiment based off of Subway's sweet onion teriyaki sandwich. Now, I'm not going to claim that these taste like Subway's sandwich, but they do in fact taste delicious. Plus, what's great than throwing something into the crockpot and having it ready 2 hours later. These sandwiches were so filling we were only able to eat 1/2 each. Nate ate the leftovers yesterday and said it was just as good to eat the second time around. He also said this is definitely a meal we'll have to make again.
I feel like nothing can beat a hot sandwich off the grill (/oven). What's your favorite kind of sandwich?