Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Slow Cooker Pork Enchiladas

Have I told you yet how much I love Mexican food? Especially enchiladas. Probably 95% of the time that I go to a Mexican restaurant I order chicken enchiladas. ** 

But these pork enchiladas did not disappoint. I know on multiple accounts I've shared my love for cooking food in the crock pot. And coming home from church to this pork cooking was as good as anything. We all loved the taste of this pork, and I love the texture that it gets from cooking in the crock pot. Also, I have developed a deep love for cumin. The smell, the taste, its just perfect.

So, please enjoy this delicious recipe for me. I know you won't be dissapointed. 


 

Slow Cooker Pork Enchiladas

2 lb pork roast
14 oz chicken broth
1/2 onion, chopped
2 TBS chopped garlic
1 TBS cumin
1 TBS chili powder
1 tsp salt
28 oz red enchilada sauce
4 oz green chiles, diced
10 medium sized tortillas 
8 oz Mexican blend cheese

1. Combine pork, chicken broth, onion, and spices in a slow cooker.
2. Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or on low for 7-8 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
4. Remove pork from crock pot and shred using 2 forks.
5. In a large bowl, combine pork, 3/4 cup enchilada sauce and 1/4 cup liquid (from the crock pot).
6. In another bowl combine remaining enchilada sauce, 1/2 cup liquid and green chiles.
7. Spread 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce mixture on the bottom of a 3 quart baking dish.
8. Divide pork mixture and half of cheese between the tortillas.
9. Roll tortillas and place them in the baking dish, seam side down.
10. Cover tortillas with the remaining enchilada sauce mixture.
11. Cover pan with foil.
12. Bake for 25 minutes.
13. Remove foil and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
14. Bake for another 5 minutes, until cheese is thoroughly melted.
15. Enjoy topped with your favorite salsa, cilantro and sour cream.
 



**My favorite enchiladas are from the restaurant Rosa's in Fallbrook, CA (where I'm from). Although I get enchiladas almost every time I eat at a Mexican restaurant I still haven't found anything to surpass my love for Rosa's chicken enchiladas. And although I loved the recipe I used here, they still weren't as good as Rosas. And I'm still on the quest to find the best enchilada sauce recipe. So if you have one that is THE BEST, please share it with me. As I am desperate out of lack of ability to travel to Rosa's anytime I'd like. Please and Thank You.

Featured on:



featured I'm topsy turvy tuesdays

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, these look tasty. I too love crockpot recipes. Coming home to the smell of dinner already cooking is the BEST.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Just stopping by to let you know I featured this at Savory Sunday this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delish! I'm featuring this as the treat of the week on Topsy Turvy Tuesday's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just discovered the web site through Bing search engine. You actually created a meaningful purpose. within the long run I actually prefer to study on this posts from your blog.
    gifts for boys

    ReplyDelete
  5. Made this tonight and it was super delicious and easy! I will be using this enchilada recipe from now on but will be using green sauce (mine and the hub's fav).

    p.s. I love Rosa's too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...