Monday, May 23, 2011

chocolate caramel fudge

1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 12oz bag milk chocolate chips
1  TBS butter

about 10-14 caramel chews (I probably did 20, but I had about 4oz left over)
1 TBS sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream

1.Put caramels, 1 TBS sweetened condensed milk and whipping cream in a pot on the stove over medium heat.
2. Meanwhile, combine 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips and butter in a microwave safe bowl.
3. Cook caramels for about 5 minutes, stirring almost constantly, until they look like caramel syrup.
4. Melt chocolate mixture in the microwave for about 2.5 to 3 minutes.
5. Stir chocolate mixture together.
6. Spray a bread loaf pan with Pam.
7. Pour about 1/2 of the fudge into the pan.
8. Pour the caramel on top of the fudge.
9. Top the caramel with the rest of the fudge mixture. (It might not spread super evenly on top, but the most important thing is taste)
10. Refridgerate for about 1 hour, until fudge and caramel have both hardened.

Enjoy.


As you can see, I poured more than half of the fudge out the first time, and it still turned out fine. So don't worry about measuring or anything. This mixture tastes absolutely delicious! I probably ate 1/4 of the pan, all by myself last night, and I had to restrain myself from eating more for breakfast. I love chocolate, I love caramel, what more could you want. If you don't want to buy store bought caramels, I'm sure this would also work great with a homemade caramel recipe, honestly, I just didn't want to open a second can of sweetened condensed milk.

This is definitely a recipe I'll be making again. Easy, and so tasty. I just need to learn how to make nougat and this would be a homemade milkyway. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...