Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Banana, Raspberry, and White Chocolate Chip Bread

I saw this recipe on "For the Love of Cooking" and said that sounds delicious, I need to make some. Luckily Costco had raspberries and bananas at a great price and I had white chocolate chips already in the freezer. I changed the recipe just slightly to fit a couple of ingredients, these changes are in bold letters. I might choose to divide the recipe into small, small loaf pans and share because I don't need to eat a whole loaf of bread. And yes, it was delicious.

1 cup white flour ( I used 1 3/4 cup white flour)
1 cup whole wheat flour (I used 1/4 cup spelt flour, introduced to me by Cherie's blog)
2/3 cup white sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup vanilla yogurt (no vanilla yogurt so I used raspberry yogurt)
1/4 cup canola oil (no oil for me, I used applesauce)
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup fresh raspberries
3/4 cup white chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a loaf pan with cooking spray.

In a bowl, mash the bananas, mix in eggs, vanilla, yogurt and applesauce until well combined. Add flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix slowly and gently until well mixed. Fold in the white chocolate chips then add most of the raspberries and fold them in gently. Pour batter into the loaf pan then push the remaining raspberries into the top of the loaf.

Bake in the oven for 55 -60 minutes ( I have to do 65 minutes - my oven cooks lower than registered I think) or until tester comes of of the center clean. Let the bread cool on a rack before slicing and eating. Craig spread butter on his, I ate mine plain. It was difficult to resist eating it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...