Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Funeral potatoes

 This recipe was pretty easy, except for (because we've been watching the show Worst Cooks in America) I've realized how uneven my knife cuts are, and how difficult it actually is to get even sized dice pieces. Although the recipe I got this from suggested baking the potatoes and then dicing them, I thought it would be easier to cut them before (or at least it would take less time). I peeled the potatoes and then diced them and then boiled them.

Anyway, this turned out delicious and its definitely a recipe I would make again. The sauce however was a  little runny, so I think next time I might add some cornstarch or flour to thicken it up a little. Enjoy.

6 cups diced potatoes (probably was about 6 potatoes)
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup sour cream
2 cups cheddar cheese, grated (divided)
1/4 cup grated onion (optional)
diced ham (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Boil potato for 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Mix soup, butter, sour cream, 1 cup cheese, (onion), salt and pepper.
4. Add potatoes (and ham) and stir gently till combined.
5. Put potato mixture in 9x13-inch baking pan.
6. Top with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
7. Bake uncovered for 30-45 minutes, until hot and bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...