But, this recipe is also a wonderful way to use leftover meat. We enjoyed this recipe with leftover meat from our Mexican Pulled Pork tacos, but if you have leftover shredded beef or chicken I am betting this would taste amazing with those too. And once you already have the meat ready (whether you choose to use my pulled pork or not) this recipe is super easy. And extra delicious too. Win win.
Recipe slightly inspired from Our Best Bites
Mexican Pulled Pork
3 oz cream cheese
1/2 (12 oz) can green salsa (in the aisle with enchilada sauces)
juice from 1 lime
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
10 tortillas large tortillas (or more small tortillas)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Spray a baking sheet with non stick spray.
3. Microwave cream cheese for about 30 seconds until soft.
4. In a large bowl combine pork, cream cheese, green salsa, lime juice and cheese. Mix well.
5. Take one tortilla and place about 3 TBS of pork mixture on the lower half of the tortilla.
6. Roll the tortilla up as tight as you can.
7. Place taquitos on baking pan with the seam side down.
8. Lightly spray the tops of the taquitos with non stick spray and sprinkle with salt.
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until they are crispy and the ends turn golden brown.
10. Enjoy dipped in some salsa, sour cream or guacamole. Yum!
Ps. We only ate 7 (of the 10) taquitos the first day, and put the rest in the fridge. They tasted great again the second day (as leftovers!) and next time we make these we'll probably make a lot more so we can freeze some and have them ready to go.
What do you do with your leftovers?