While Craig and I were back in Virgina we stopped at a Farmer's Market and purchased fresh fruits and vegetables and Grandma's Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. We fell in love with the cookies, it was not a peanut butter cookie recipe with chips and oatmeal added, but a true stand alone cookie. I found this recipe on Jamie Cooks It Up and thought it was so close to the cookies from Virginia. Craig called them evil because they were wrecking his diet, you can not just eat one. The only thing I might do different is just use milk chocolate chips instead of the semi sweet chips because I love the simple combo of milk chocolate and peanut butter.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: 60 cookies
1 C butter softened
1 C peanut butter ( I used chunky)
1 C sugar
1 C brown sugar
2 1/2 C flour
1 1/2 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 12 oz bag semi sweet chocolate chips
1 12 oz bag milk chocolate chips
1. Make sure the butter is soft (sitting on the counter works best for this but I zapped my for about 30 seconds on power 4 in the microwave). Beat the butter and peanut butter together until it is well combined.
2. Add the sugars and eggs and beat for about 2 minutes or until the mixture is frothy.
3. Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the butters, sugars, and eggs mixture, mix for about 1 minute, making sure it is well combined.
5. Stir in the chips just until well combined.
6. Place on a large cookie sheet 3 across and 5 long, in balls that are about 1 1/2 inches. Flatten the balls slightly.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Do not overbake, take them out of the oven just after they start to crack and let them finish cooking on the sheet as it cools down.
8. Eat and share or you will be getting a round belly from eating too many. :)