Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Microwave Mug Brownie

I know I have mentioned this many times before, but sometimes Nate gets mad at me for making too many desserts. And most of those times I'm still convinced that I want something sweet and I am going to make something. But some of those times he says that even if I make something he won't eat any. Not even a single bite, or even one cookie. And of course I don't want to make a full bath of cookies, or a cake if he's not going to eat any. We can't have those delicious morsels going to waste, now can we?

So, after I was looking through my pinned desserts on pinterest I decided upon one. A single serve scrumpdiddylyumptious brownie, cooked in the microwave, in a mug. I got this delicious recipe from here, and followed it, almost exactly, but its one I want to remember, and its good enough that I want to share it with you as well. Don't worry, you can thank me later.

1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 TBS cocoa powder
1/8 tsp salt
2 TBS vegetable oil
2 TBS water (or milk)

1. In a microwave safe mug (or maybe a ramekin) stir together the flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder and salt.
2. Stir in the oil and milk until you have a thick paste.
3. Microwave on high for anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute (depending on your microwave - mine was 45 seconds). It will be done when its springy on top but still a little gooey in the midle.
4. Enjoy warm. Maybe with a cup or milk, or topped with ice cream. **

**I had mine plain, but it was still delicious.

Nate did have one bite, and he thought it tasted a little like pudding, and I thought it tasted like a Betty Crocker Warm Delight. Either way, I hope you can enjoy this absolutely easy tasty dessert.



What do you make when you need a dessert for one on the spot?




featured I'm topsy turvy tuesdays

3 comments:

  1. This would be perfect for a late-night snack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! If you get a second, I'd love to have you link up to my party at http://scrapbookingez.blogspot.com/2011/11/anything-goes-linky-party_17.html. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is the treat of the week on Topsy Turvy Tuesday's! Thanks for linking up again! LOVE drooling over your posts!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...