Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies

've had a couple of failures in the past when making chocolate chip cookies. Shouldn't chocolate chip cookies be one of the easiest things to make? But no, baking with butter vs shortening makes a huge difference, and halving or doubling a recipe doesn't always work. But, I got this recipe to work. Hooray.

I first had pudding chocolate chip cookies when my friend Ali was my roommate. I never got the recipe from Ali, unfortunately. But Friday when I was going visiting teaching, I wanted to be able to take a treat, so after scanning a few recipes I found one for pudding chocolate chip cookies that looked delicious. 

And trust me, they tasted delicious too.

Inspired by this recipe from All Recipes

1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature (2 sticks)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 3.4 oz package vanilla instant pudding mix
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups milk chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven. **
2. Using a mixer beat together butter and sugars in a large bowl.
3. Add in pudding mix, eggs and vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl (medium sized) combine flour, baking soda and salt.
5. Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture while running the mixer.
6. Stir in the chocolate chips.
7. Drop cookie dough onto a pregreased baking sheet.
8. Bake, until golden brown and set. **
9. Remove cookies from oven and let cool on sheet for 2 minutes.
10. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and cool completely.
11. Enjoy with a big cup of cold milk.

** For smaller cookies preheat oven to 375 and bake for 10-12 minutes. For larger cookies preheat oven to 325 and bake for 18-19 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...