I was inspired to make this recipe through reading at least 2 or 3 other recipes and figuring it out myself. I even had this for dinner last night as leftovers and it was just as good.
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 large onion, chopped
1/2 fresh jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
5-6 medium potatoes
4 cups chicken broth
1 cup water
2 cups frozen corn
1 TBS lemon juice
1 1/2 TBS chives
1. In a large stock pot, heat oil over medium heat.
2. Add chopped onion, diced jalapeno and salt and pepper.
3. Cook about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Meanwhile, peel potatoes.
5. Cut potatoes into 1 inch sized pieces.
6. Add broth, water, and potatoes to onion mixture.
7. Bring to a boil.
8. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
9. Coarsely mash potatoes using a potato masher, or fork.
10. Add corn and cook for 5 more minutes.
11. Stir in lemon juice, chives and addition salt or pepper to taste.