Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sweet Bacon Wrapped Pineapple

Once upon a time, when I was still newly married, the hubs decided to go to Green River with his brother to go fishing. Now, being newly married I didn't like the idea of being home alone. I'd gotten pretty used to having some one warm sleep next to me. But I also wasn't very excited to have an evening alone with nothing to do. 

But lucky for me, my friend Emily's husband was actually going to be gone for the weekend as well. Although Emily and I didn't cuddle together in bed for the night, it was nice to have her come over for the evening. We were able to catch up on each other's lives and of course we were able to make some delicious food as well. 


And Emily introduced me to the deliciousness that is pineapple wrapped in bacon. Unfortunately I never made this recipe again, until this week. But now that I've made it again I remembered how easy and delicious it is. I think it will become a regular occurrence in our house.
 pineapple chunks
bacon
ketchup
brown sugar
toothpicks


1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut each strip of bacon into thirds.
3. Combine equal parts ketchup and brown sugar in a separate bowl.
4. Lay foil on a cookie sheet.
5. Wrap one piece of bacon (remember its 1/3 of a strip) around a pineapple chunk.
6. Stick with a toothpick to hold in place.
7. Using a basting brush put brown sugar ketchup mixture on top of the pineapple bacon bite.
8. Place bites on foil lined cookie sheet.
9. Bake for about 18 to 20 minutes.**

** The bacon doesn't get very crispy. And trust me I am a crispy bacon girl. But, these taste delicious even with out the crispiness. 

Enjoy.





4 comments:

  1. OH YUM! Bacon just makes everything better, doesn't it?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMMM! yum! Thanks so much for linking up to Tuesday Talent Show! I would love to have you stop by and link up again tomorrow with more great projects!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! You guys always have the best recipes on here! These look delicious! I am bookmarking them to make later! Thank you so much for linking up to Strut Your Stuff Saturday! We would love to have you come link up again tomorrow!
    Camille @
    SixSistersStuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're welcome!! we're making this again soon, stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...