Red Pepper Beef Ravioli
1 lb beef roast
2 cups chicken broth
1 TBS oregano
1/2 TBS thyme
1 and 1/2 medium sized red peppers (or 1 large)
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1 TBS garlic salt
Special Equipment Needed: Kitchen Aid meat grinder attachment
1. Put beef, chicken broth, oregano and thyme in the crock pot.
2. Cook on low for 6 hours, high for 4 hours.
3. Send meat through your meat grinder using the coarse setting.
4. Send meat through again on the fine setting, adding sliced red peppers this time.
5. In a large bowl combine meat mixture, parmesan cheese and garlic salt.
6. Either using the pasta roller attachment or a rolling pin, roll the dough out into long strips, about 4-5 inches wide and as long as you can make them.
7. You will need two strips that are the approximately the same length and width.
8. Take approx. 1 TBS of meat mixture and space about 1 inch apart on one strip of dough.
9. Place the other strip of dough on top.
10. Cut and seal the raviolis using a pastry cutter.
11. Set raviolis aside to dry for about 30 minutes.
12. Boil a large pot of water.
13. Put raviolis in boiling water and cook for about 8 minutes.
14. Enjoy raviolis topped with your favorite tomato marinara sauce (canned or homemade) and some mozzarella cheese.
This was seriously so yummy.
Although next time we'll probably make the raviolis a little smaller. When making this I would recommend making your raviolis about 1x1 inches. But bigger is okay, they'll just get more air in them and might pop while boiling in the water.
We can't wait to make other variations of homemade ravioli soon.
What is your favorite kind of ravioli?