Sunday, August 7, 2011

Parmesan Crusted Zucchini

After seeing this recipe on Our Best Bites and knowing I had a lot of zucchini and than forgetting where I originally saw the recipe and than googling zucchini recipes this recipe was created from a combination of recipes but very similar to the original Our Best Bites recipe.

2 small 1" around 10 inch long zucchini
1/2 cup flour (1 recipe called for coconut flour but I have no idea where to find that)
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/2  to 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (the already bottled stuff like Kraft)
seasonings to taste - I used garlic salt and paprika  (feel free to use other Italian seasonings)
2 eggs

Slice zucchini into 1/4 inch slices

Beat 2 eggs


Sorry, this picture was an afterthought so it has some of the flour in it.

 Dip the zucchini in the flour to coat them.


You can tell I am not really into perfect uniform slices
 Dip the zucchini in the beaten eggs to coat them.


Mix panko crumbs, Parmesan cheese and seasonings so the flavors are spread throughout.




Dip the zucchini slices in the crumb mixture to coat them.
Place on foil covered cookie sheet to bake.



Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes, turn over and bake another 10 minutes.



Remove from oven and let cool enough to eat.

You can serve with a ranch dipping sauce or eat as is.  I thought I would want to dip them but I decided there was enough flavor to enjoy them yummy like this.  They tend to stay warm/hot on the inside so be careful biting into them at the beginning.


1 comment:

  1. You had me at "parmesan" and then really hit a homerun with zucchini! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...