1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup popcorn kernels
1/3 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
*Special Equipment – A large pot with lid
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add tree kernels to popcorn to oil. Once kernels pop, oil is hot enough.
3. Add popcorn and sugar giving it a quick stir and then cover with lid.
4. Once popcorn starts popping, pick it up and give it a quick shake every few seconds until popping slows down, between 3-4 minutes.
5. Remove immediately from heat and pour into a large bowl.
6. Sprinkle with salt and serve immediately.
Update: I've made this many times, and I had the heat a little high this time, so the bottom was a little burned, but we just took it out like normal, avoiding the burnt pieces as much as possible. It still tasted delicious!