Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Spicy Avocado and Black Bean Salad

I found this recipe at Real Simple. I was looking for a different kind of salad that also passed for a side dish. I really enjoyed the vinaigrette and thought the salad was even better on the 2nd day after marinating together overnight.

Spicy Avocado and Black Bean Salad

1 15.5 ounce can black beans, rinsed
1 orange bell pepper, seeded and sliced (I only had a red so it was not as sweet but still good)
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced (I had a homegrown mild jalapeno pepper, be careful seeding this and cutting it, any of the juices burn)
2 T fresh lime juice
2 T olive oil
3/4 tsp ground cumin
kosher salt
black pepper
1 avocado, sliced
1/2 C chopped cilantro leaves

1. In a medium bowl, combine the lime juice, oil, cumin, 1/2 t salt and 1/4 t pepper.
2. Add the beans, bell pepper, and jalapeno.
3. Fold in the avocado and cilantro.
4. Serve

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...