Sunday, March 7, 2010

Reeses Mud Pie

Reeses Mud Pie

So I actually halved this recipe because I didn't think that Nate and I needed to eat two whole pies between ourselves. And everything worked out just fine being cut in half, I did use both full packages of pudding though but only put half in the actual pie and the rest is saved in the fridge.  

1 graham cracker pie crusts
5-6 Reese's peanut butter cups,
6 oz container whipped cream
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 (3oz) pkg. instant chocolate pudding
1 (3oz) pkg. instant butterscotch pudding
3 c. milk
 
1. Cut up the reeses and place about half of them into the pie crust.
2. Whip together half the whipped cream, and all of the sugar, and softened cream cheese
3. Spread half of the mixture over tje top of the Reese's on the crust.
4. Mix together puddings and milk, and refrigerate for about 3 minutes. 
5. Once it is cool, mix it again for a couple seconds to smooth it out and put half over the cream cheese mixture on the pie. (like I said, I just saved the rest in the fridge to eat later, I suppose you could just mix half of each package and half the milk)
6. Cover the pie with the plastic lids and refrigerate for about 1 hour. 
7. Top the pie with remaining whipped cream, then sprinkle with remaining Reese's (chopped).

Because Nate and I are both such hard core chocolate and peanut butter fans this was a delicious dessert for us. It was a little rich, but it was so good that we could hardly stop eating it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...