A couple of our friends invited us to a "pumpkin party" on Friday of last week. I was happy to have a reason to make a treat, and especially happy that it was pumpkin themed because I've wanted an excuse to make these pumpkin cheesecake bars. I got the recipe from Amanda. And it turned out great.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
1 cup flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
5 TBS butter, softened
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine flour and brown sugar in a medium bowl.
3. Cut in butter to make a crumbly mixture.
4. Stir in pecans.
5. Set aside 1 cup of mixture for topping and press the remaining mixture in the bottom of a greased 8x8 pan.
6. Bake for 15 mins.
7. Cool slightly.
8. Meanwhile, combine cream cheese, sugar, pumpkin, eggs, cinnamon, allspice and vanilla in a large bowl.
9. Stir until smooth.
10. Pour mixture over baked crust.
11. Sprinkle with reserved topping.
12. Bake for an additional 30 to 35 minutes.
13. Cool and Enjoy.
What is your favorite fall treat?