Sunday, May 29, 2011

Poppy Seed Salad Dressing

1 cup sugar
2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cup oil (any kind, I used olive oil)
3/4 cup rice vinegar (I usually use this but was all out so I used white wine vinegar instead)
2 Tbs. mustard ( I love dijon mustard, so I added this for a little more zing)
1/2 onion (yellow or white or sweet) chopped  (I have also made it with a red onion - the dressing will be pink)
2 Tbs. poppy seeds

Add first six ingredients in a blender or magic bullet (this works so easily), mix up and it will chop up the onion until smooth.  Remove and mix in poppy seeds.

This is a lot of dressing.  So when I choose to make it, I either cut it in half or in 3rds.  There is still plenty for several days.  Since it really is easy to make up just a few minutes, then I can have it fresh.

My niece Brooke Brown shared this recipe with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...