2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
1 2/3 cups milk
2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup cornmeal
4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
3. In another bowl mix together the eggs and milk.
4. In a third bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
5. Add bowl two and three to creamed butter/sugar mixture, alternating.
6. Pour mix into a greased 13x9 baking pan.
7. Bake for 22 to 27 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.Enjoy with your favorite toppings of butter, honey, jam, or whatever you like.