Sunday, January 23, 2011

Roasted Potatoes

Hmmmm.... mmmm....good

I bought a small bag of "gourmet speciality potatoes" at the grocery store with the plans to use them for roasted potatoes. There were yellow potatoes, red potatoes and purple potatoes in the bag and guess what the purple potatoes were also purple on the inside too - I was surprised at this. These potatoes were just small about 2 inch by 1 inch each.

I scrubbed them slightly to clean them but left the peel on. Then I cut them in half and then each half in half again. Spread them out on a cookie sheet. Drizzle with a little olive oil. Sprinkle some kosher salt on them, sprinkle thyme on them and then a little pepper. I stirred it around and then spread them out again.

Baked at 400 for about 30 minutes. Cook to fork tender. Simple but good.

I probably used about 18 potatoes for 6 of us and could have done more. I was thinking 2 or 3 each. There were no leftovers left and people wanted more. Next time I will do more because if there are leftovers that would be okay.

I think you could use any smaller potatoes also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...