Asian Lettuce Wraps
6 chicken tenderloins (cut bite size)
1/2 red or green pepper (chopped)
1 to 2 cloves garlic (minced)
3/4 C. carrots (chopped)
1 C. celery (chopped)
1/3 onion (chopped)
1/2 cup whole almonds
1 head butter lettuce (you can use Romain also)
1 T peanut butter
2 tsp. hoisin sauce
2 T teryaki sauce (or soy sauce)
1/4 C sugar
1/2 C brown sugar
1 tsp. rice wine vinegar
1 tsp. sesame oil
pinch red pepper flakes
1. Cook cut up chicken tenderloins in a hot skillet with about 1 T. olive oil. Add a bit of salt and pepper into the pan as well. Cook until the chicken pieces are a nice golden color.
2. While your chicken is cooking, chop up all your veggies so they are about the same size. (I made my about 1/2 inch size)
3. When the chicken is done remove it from the pan and place it on a plate. Add veggies to the pan and cook for about 15 minutes on medium high heat, or until the veggies are crisp tender.
4. Add all of the sauce ingredients into a small bowl and whisk it together until smooth.
5. Add the chicken, sauce and almonds into the skillet with the veggies. Stir everything around until it becomes incorporated. Cook it until everything is heated through, about 2-3 minutes.
6. Eat inside a nice lettuce leaf, with rice on the side. (Dad put the rice in his lettuce leaf with the chicken and veggies, I let my extras drip out of my leaf onto my rice to eat)