I'm not really sure where my problem began with making decisions, but I know its always been something I've struggled with. I never want(ed) to choose something and then find out later that something else would have been a better choice. In 5th grade I had a teacher that tried to help all his students with this problem, of making decisions. Instead of answering "I don't know" or "I don't care" or "It doesn't matter", he made us answer the questions and make a decision. And during that year I got really good at making decisions (like its some sort of skill?) and the following year I was still good at making decisions. But somewhere along the way I lost this skill, and it became difficult for me to make decisions again.
So, sometimes when we go out to eat I like to order the appetizer sampler platter, as my meal. I mean its perfect, 3 or 4 delicious appetizers to eat, and that way I don't feel like I'm missing out on some flavor, I can have a little bit of everything. And one of my favorite things that they usually have on these sampler platters are mozzarella sticks.
And now with thanks to Pinterest, I have discovered that they are so easy to make from home. And this discovery might actually be pretty dangerous for me, and maybe for you too. But they are delicious, and gooey, and scrumptious, and perfect. Don't just trust me, this is one you'll have to try this out for yourself.
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
10 sticks of string cheese
1. Preheat a large pan filled with about 1/2 inch to 1 inch of oil. Heat over medium low.
2. Place flour in one bowl, eggs beaten in a second, and both kinds of bread crumbs mixed in a third.
3. Roll the cheese sticks in flour until covered.
4. Dip cheese sticks in beaten egg, cover completely.
5. Dip cheese sticks in breadcrumbs, and roll to cover completely.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5.
7. Place the mozzarella sticks (a few at a time) in preheated oil, and fry until crispy and browned, about 2 minutes on each side.
8. Repeat with remaining mozzarella sticks.
9. Keep mozzarella sticks warm in an oven set at 200 degrees, or microwave for 30 seconds to warm.
10. Enjoy plain, or dipped in ranch or marinara sauce. Yum!
What do you order when you go out to eat? How do you decide?