White Chicken Chili
1 lb of chicken (I used two large chicken breasts, about 1.2 lbs actually)
4 cups chicken broth
1/2 white onion, chopped
2 cans white beans, drained and rinsed
1 7 oz can diced green chiles
1 can corn, drained
2 tsp chopped garlic
2 1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
1 1/2 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup cheese (we used mozzarella)
1. Put all ingredients, except sour cream and cheese into the slow cooker.
2. Slightly stir ingredients around to mix seasonings.
3. Cook on low for about 6-8 hours (or as long as you need to, I left it for about 9 hours while at work)
4. Remove chicken breasts from slow cooker and shred with 2 forks.
5. Return chicken breasts to slow cooker and add sour cream and cheese.
6. Stir everything together.
7. Cook for another 30 minutes.
8. Pour your chili in individual bowls and top with cilantro, tomatoes, more sour cream, or whatever you might want.
|I enjoyed mine topped with cilantro and chips - have I told you how much I LOVE cilantro?|
|Nate just topped his with chips.|
Nate and I both loved this meal. This tasted so great with a few chips to dip into it. I'm also so happy because we had enough leftover to freeze some, and I love having delicious meals in the freezer, ready for a day when I'm even lazier (it must be laziness, if I can't even put things in a crock pot).
I absolutely LOVE coming home to a delicious smelling (and tasting) meal, that required very little effort.
What is your favorite crock pot recipe?
(please share, I love to find new fabulous and easy recipes to try)