Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Crockpot Stew

Mom (Grandma B) made this for our dinner yesterday and the spices and flavoring were perfect. I did not feel (for the first time) that I needed to add any salt.

1 round steak cut into 1/2 inch pieces (but we used Costco stew meat - browned)


1 can diced tomatoes - we had the Italian flavored kind (undrained)
2 medium potatoes peeled and cubed
1 small onion diced
3 celery ribs diced
2 carrots diced


3 cups water
1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables


3 beef bouillon cubes
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. dried oregano

I added some Italian seasoning the next time I made it.  Just made it better.

1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Place everything in the crockpot, cover and cook on high for 6 hours.
Do you like the old style crockpot?  It still works great after 30 years.
The meat was so tender and the flavor was perfect.
I would definitely cook this again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...