Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Easy Cheesy BBQ Chicken

For Christmas I got two new cookbooks and this recipe comes from one of them. The book is called Best Loved Slow Cooker Recipes, and although this is the only recipe I've made from it so far, it seems fantastic.

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I just used chicken tenderloins cause it's what we had in the fridge, plus I didn't think the two of us needed 6 chicken breasts - I only used 5 tenderloins)
1 bottle barbecue sauce (again, I didn't use a whole bottle, just enough to cover the chicken)
6 slices of bacon (I used 5)
6 slices of swiss cheese (I used 3 and tore them in half to cover the tenderloins)

1. Place chicken in crock pot.
2. Cover with BBQ sauce.
3. Cover and cook on low 8-9 hours ( I cooked on high for about 3.5)
4. Cook bacon keeping bacon flat.
5. Place 1 piece of cooked bacon on each piece of chicken in crock pot.
6. Top with cheese.
7. Cover and cook on high till cheese melts (I probably cooked it a little long because I was picking Nate up from work. Still was delicious the cheese had just melted a little off the chicken into the sauce -- it was probably 30 minutes)
8. Enjoy!

We ate it with a side of corn.

Pictures never make food look as good as it really was.
This recipe was absolutely SO EASY and it turned out delicious too. Although it was good with swiss cheese, I think it would have been good with mozarella, provolone or even cheddar too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...