Sunday, December 11, 2011

Taco Soup

As I'm sitting here trying to think of what to write as a prelude to this delicious recipe, my mind is blank. And I'm realizing that some of you might not even read the stuff I write in each blog post. You might just be here for the recipe. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I know I've said it before, but this blog started out as a way for me to keep track of my favorite recipes, and for my mom and I to share recipes that we like with each other. And I still write on that blog for that purpose. I love having my favorite recipes saved on here. And when I don't know what to make for dinner I love being able to look at my own food blog, and knowing that I have loved all of the recipes I've posted on here, and therefor any recipe I choose will be delicious.

As Ron Swanson would say "You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.". (Any other Parks and Rec lovers out there? ) What I'm afraid you heard me say is that I only blog to keep track of my recipes, but what I actually said was I love having my recipes saved on here. And that doesn't mean I don't love having readers too.

We are growing, people. Slowly, but surely the blog is growing. And I want to know what you think. So spill the beans. Please?!!!! Do you like the recipes we post? Do you want more crock pot recipes, more dessert recipes, more chicken recipes, etc. Have you tried our recipes? How did they turn out? What did you change? What did you like? Dislike? Do you like reading about our lives too? Do you like our silly stories about making a recipe? Or inspirations? Or what? Speak to me. We've got a lot of followers, and I want to know YOU. So tell me about yourself, share 7 random things about you, like we did here. And post them in a comment, or a link to it.

The recipe I am going to share today, is actually one of the first recipes I ever posted on this blog. Back in the day when the recipe was only read by mother and I. But back then I didn't take pictures, and this is such a simple and delicious recipe that I have to share it again.

Taco Soup
1 lb ground beef
one can of corn
one can of beans (black or pinto)

1 cup salsa
1 14 oz can stewed tomatoes(or tomato sauce)


tortilla chips
toppings (sour cream, shredded cheese, cilantro, guacamole, etc.)


1. Combine ground beef, corn, beans, taco seasoning, salsa and tomatoes in a crock pot.
2. Stir together.
3. Cook on low for about 6 hours, or on high for 3.
4. Top with desired toppings and tortilla chips.

Enjoy.


Featured on

5 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud at the Ron Swanson quote. We love Ron around here :)
    Since I just barely found your lovely blog (where have I BEEN all this time?), I haven't tried anything yet. But that doesn't mean everything doesn't sound great! I absolutely love taco soup and make it a little differently than the recipe you posted here. I'll be interested to make it your way!
    Thanks for the great blog, ladies. And yes! You ARE growing! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried many (any?) of your recipes yet because I'm focusing on getting a few other things in order at our house. Better cooking is one of next year's goals, and your blog is going to be a resource. I do prefer quick recipes, but everything you put here looks divine.

    How about a random 4, to save space?
    1--I was a blog addict for five years, but had to give it up so I could add things to my life like sleep and exercise (which is why my list is here instead of on my deleted blog).
    2--I love astronomy--mostly star gazing and watching the phases of the moon.
    3--I love being barefoot.
    4--I have a goal to hike Timp next September.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blog hopping from Totally Tasty Tuesdays at Mandy's Recipe Box...this look like a yummy soup for the winter! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow does that look yummy. My mouth was watering looking at the picture! Come visit us. We have a terrific Kahlua Cinnamon Cocoa and a great giveaway from the author of Southern Fried Women. Check out that post and enter to win.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to have a heart attack, that look SO SO SO SO SO GOOD! Taco soup is like a best thing ever. THANKS for linking this to my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...