Usually when I think of crock pot dinners I think of 'easy'. However there are actually many crock pot meals that require a lot of extra steps outside of just throwing your food in the crock pot. You know the ones where you have to cook your meat before and then you have to add stuff after, and bake it in the oven too. Now, I don't really have a problem with having to do these things, because they really have turned out to be some of my favorite meals. But sometimes I just want to throw everything in the crock pot and then come home 8 hours later and eat it.
This recipe falls somewhere in the middle of the easiest and the hardest crock pot meals, leaning closer to the easy side. The only extra step really is cooking your rice on the side, and then adding the broccoli and sour cream at the end. But once again, I hope you trust me, because for this warm scrumptious dinner. Its worth it.
1 can of cream of cheese soup
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cajun seasoning
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1 cup of sour cream
2 cups of broccoli
1. Put everything except sour cream and broccoli in the crock pot.
2. Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4.
3. Shred the chicken breasts with two forks.
4. In a rice cooker (or however you like) cook about 4 cups of rice.
5. Meanwhile, add broccoli to the crock pot and stir in.
6. Cook for another 30 minutes.
7. Stir in sour cream with the crock pot mixture.
8. Enjoy over a bowl of rice.
This was a perfect meal to warm us up on a chilly autumn day. We had enough creamy chicken mixture that we froze half of it and each enjoyed a BIG bowl.
Makes four servings.