Saturday, February 27, 2010

Best Ever Homemade Syrup

This is from Favorite Family Recipes.

1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup butter
3 Tbs. light corn syrup
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla


Bring first four ingredients to a boil in a LARGE pot. Once boiling, add baking soda and vanilla. Remove from stove and serve over pancakes, waffles or french toast.


**The baking soda will make it boil high so make sure you use a LARGE pot.**


I used what I thought was a large pot and it almost boiled over. So believe the recipe when it says a large pot. Also we had some left and I stored it in the fridge when I reheated it in the microwave, it boiled over in the microwave. The syrup seems to separate so stir it together. It also seems to be really foamy for the first few pours on your pancakes.


I thought this was so delicious, I wished I could drink it. It definitely is not low calorie.

1 comment:

  1. We're having French toast for dinner and I made this syrup to go with it.

    The only changes I made were 1) using vanilla yogurt instead of plain and 2) I added an additional tap of maple to the mix.

    ... Turned out delicious. Though I'm guessing the original is too

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...